The Benefits of Pregnancy Tea are nothing short of AMAZING!
Many mothers know that drinking red raspberry leaf tea can help to tone and strengthen the uterus. But did you know, by making this tea at home, you can add complementary herbs that will make this tea even more powerful! Today I am sharing the different benefits of the tea, my recipe and how to drink it!
Pregnancy Tea Benefits
It is truly amazing what God has provided us abundantly on this earth. Everything we need is right at our fingertips! Some of the most powerful medicines we’ve been given are herbs. My pregnancy tea recipe contains many beneficial herbs. Here is just a few of the ways they work…..
Red Raspberry Leaf Red raspberry leaves have been used as medicine for centuries. They are packed full of many essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They are known for helping to ease labor and delivery and shorten the postpartum bleeding period. Drinking the tea from the leaves of red raspberries can even reduce medical intervention and complications during labor.
Peppermint Leaf Peppermint tea can help in many ways. It has been shown to help with the digestive system, headaches, fatigue and nausea.
Rose Hips Rose hips are high in vitamin c as well as antioxidants which can help boost your immune system. It improves blood circulation, skin, and can even help with pain.
Alfalfa Alfalfa is another herb that is full of vitamins and minerals. It can help to manage blood sugar levels and also has many anti inflammatory benefits.
Nettle Nettle can help improve your mood and reduce stress. It’s often specifically used for pregnant woman to improve their health. It can also help to manage and prevent varicose veins.
Passion Flower If reducing anxiety is what you need, then add Passion flower to your diet. Passion flower is naturally relaxing and God’s gift for good sleep!
Lemon Balm Lemon balm calms the nervous system and aids in digestion. It also has powerful antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant powers.
Chamomile Chamomile improves sleep quality and can reduce anxiety.Print
4 oz Red Raspberry Leaves
1/2 oz Peppermint Leaves
1/2 oz Rose Hips
1/2 oz Alfalfa
1/2 oz Nettle
1/2 oz Passion Flower
1/2 oz Lemon Balm
2 oz Chamomile
Mix all dried loose herbs together in a bowl using your hands.
Store in a air tight container in the freezer for longer shelf life.
To brew, use 1/2 tablespoon of loose leaves and pour 8-12 oz of boiling water over the tea.
*Remember all of these herbs or only some can be used, the most important herb here is the red raspberry leaves. You can also use different amounts of each herb. This recipe does not require exact measurements, experiment and find out what you like best!*
How to Drink Pregnancy Tea
- Starting in the first trimester around 10-12 weeks you can enjoy a cup of tea each day, brewed for 2-5 minutes.
- In the second trimester continue to drink one cup of tea a day, now brewing for 15-20 minutes.
- In the third trimester, continue with one cup a day, but increase the brew time to 24 hours.
- At the beginning of your 37th week of pregnancy increase your daily intake to 2 cups or up to 1 quart. Continue to brew the tea for 24 hours.
- Some woman enjoy this tea hot, but you may like it even more over ice! Try it both ways.
- Adding in lemon, honey or stevia makes this tea more appealing to some mamas!
- This tea has certain herbs that are very relaxing and can help with sleep. It would be perfect before bedtime.
- If you haven’t been drinking the tea your entire pregnancy, no worries! You can still benefit greatly from starting where you’re at now.
I hope you enjoy this tea and find the benefits as amazing as I do. If you are currently pregnant let me know how far along you are in the comments below!
Please read my disclaimer here.