how to make your own laundry soap?
Making your own laundry soap and other laundry products is a cost-effective and eco-friendly alternative to store-bought detergents. Here are the best Non toxic laundry recipes! This is a great way to avoid harsh chemicals and fragrances that may be present in commercial detergents. Here is a simple recipe for making your own laundry soap:
- 1 bar of soap (such as castile soap or fels-naptha soap)
- 1 cup of washing soda
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 20-30 drops of essential oils (optional)
- Grate the bar of soap using a cheese grater or food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated soap, washing soda, and baking soda.
- If desired, add 20-30 drops of essential oils for fragrance. Mix well.
- Store the laundry soap in an airtight container.
To use, add 1-2 tablespoons of the laundry soap to the detergent compartment of your washing machine or dissolve in a cup of hot water before adding to the machine.
Note: If you have hard water, you may need to add more laundry soap to your machine. You may also want to try adding 1/2 cup of borax to the recipe to help combat mineral buildup in your laundry.